Thursday 3 October 2013

A Beautiful Mess Challenge Eleven: Take Amazing Photos of Your Home

I love my house and have lived in it all of my life so it, and my village, will always be my true home no matter where I travel. In their book Elsie and Emma of A Beautiful Mess remind us to take the time to photograph this special place - it's certainly something I've not done before as I'm always taking pictures when I'm travelling away from home!

A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book

I followed a few of the tips from the girls including clean up (!!), try both wide and close up shots and style photos with a few staged areas. They did recommend starting with one room in your home so I picked one of my favourite rooms... my office filled with Kikki.K stationery from Australia.

Unfortunately it was not a nice sunny day with lots of natural light (as recommended) so after experimenting, I decided I liked the close up shots best, plus it meant I didn't have to tidy up as much!

Desk ideas

Hello Kitty filing

Inspiration board

Shop Kikki K

Tomorrow I'll (aim!) to 'Capture Daily Routines'.

Jane x


Previous Posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment