Tuesday 1 October 2013

A Beautiful Mess Challenge Nine: Make Homemade Filters

When Katie bought me the lovely A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book for my birthday, as I flicked through, this page stood out as one I couldn't wait to try... homemade filters!


Homemade filters add a new dimension to photos without using Instagram which I usually do. Three of the girls favourite ideas are lace, sunglasses and clingfilm and vaseline - I decided to go all out with the last idea although I couldn't use my iPhone as with other challenges so used our Nikon Coolpix P7700.

I secured the cling with a rubber band and smeared Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream (I didn't have any vaseline!) over the centre of the lens leaving a small area for the camera to focus, as advised in the book.

Here are the results...



I was surprised with the results, in that it worked so well! It only took a minute but gave a really different feel to the image - almost an eerie, dreamy look which I like! I'll definitely be playing with more homemade filters in the future.

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment