Wednesday 2 October 2013

The Best Things in Life... in October

As usual, Katie and I love reading the 'contributors' section at the beginning of every issue of our favourite monthly magazine, Red. We also enjoy answering the questions ourselves - here's October's musings...

Katie

Best Things in Life...

The Red Network – Red magazine is one of my favourite reads and we’ve been to the Red Network events since they launched last year. This month’s event was one of the most inspiring with a panel including global fragrance entrepreneur Jo Malone and the inspirational model scout turned interior designer, Fiona Ellis. The subject was creativity, and the mission – how to turn it into a business. Stay tuned to hear their wise words of wisdom in a blog post coming soon. 

Tracy Anderson – As the nights get darker earlier, I find it means less time or less motivation to get to the gym after a busy day, apart from if it’s a spin class. Having been inspired by Jane’s total dedication to the woman in question I decided to purchase Tracy Anderson’s The Method DVD, and I love it! From the comfort of my living room, (apologies to those living opposite!), I can now embark on her tried and tested techniques of waking up the accessory muscles to improve overall shape and body structure. Oh and Cheryl Cole uses the DVD at home too…so it must work. 

Sophie Dahl – I have acquired a range of cookery books over the years and now and again for a special occasion, or if I’m bored I’ll reach for a recipe and give it a try, but I did feel I wasn’t really putting them to good use – and they take up quite a bit of room when living in a small apartment! Not any more, thanks to trying a delicious beetroot soup one day made by Jane, I decided to get Miss Dahl’s Voluptuous Delights by Sophie Dahl. In this gorgeous recipe book I have found an every day cookery companion providing easy, simple, but delightful dishes to inspire my weekly meals. I would very much recommend the Spinach Barley Soup, Indian Sweet Potato Pancakes and the Hangover Eggs.

My First Pair of Jeans Were... 
Mint green. I had a delightful denim waistcoat to complete the head-to-toe look, and the must-have accessory? Kickers boots!

My Favourite Thing About Autumn is...
Bonfire Night! It’s my favourite night of the year and we always like to go to Kenilworth Castle to watch the firework show which is created with a different theme each year. I love the bustling atmosphere, the walk from the local pub that everyone takes together and wrapping up warm, and every year without fail there’s always a section of the firework display that conjures up a gasp from the crowd. Tickets are on sale now from the Kenilworth Round Table here



 Jane

 Best Things in Life...

My A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book and my mini photo challenges. Katie bought me the book written by my two favourite bloggers and doing the challenges within it has made me think about taking better photos and I'm loving the results. See all my challenges here

Alpro Soya Milk... yes that's right, my new love is soya milk! I've been drinking it for two weeks now and I can honestly say I would much rather tea with soya than tea with normal cow's milk now!

Wrapping up warm and walking my dog across the fields in my village. To see the Autumn colours appearing is fantastic, the farmers have harvested so the whole landscape has changed and luckily we've had lovely weather - crisp winds and clear blue skies.


My First Pair of Jeans Were...
A perfect fitting pair of Lee jeans in a deep denim bought when I was around 13. I wore them to death until a spilt bottle of hair dye (oh the glamour!) ruined them for good!

My Favourite Thing About Autumn is...
Our annual stay in our favourite tiny, traditional cottage in the Cotswolds. We pack up the car (dog included), stock up of amazing treats at Daylesford along the way, rush in and light the log fire straight away! The long weekend is spent walking the Cotswold Way for hours (and more often than not getting lost!), cooking lovely food and reading. As soon as the leaves change, I get excited as I know what adventure we have coming! I think Autumn has to be my favourite season.


No comments:

Post a Comment