Friday 4 October 2013

A Beautiful Mess Challenge Twelve: Capture Your Daily Routines

Although, in this section of the book, the A Beautiful Mess girls don't give many photo-taking tips as such, they do remind us how the little things in life are as important as the big and how nice it is to capture remember them for the future.

a beautiful mess blog

I was struggling to think about what to capture for this challenge, silly really as obviously a daily routine is something I do every day! Katie reminded me of so many things like walking Beau, sipping on green tea, using my iPhone and iPad or doing my beloved Tracy Anderson exercise DVD but I went with the following... my French make-up box.

French make-up

This unusual make-up box was brought for me by my parents who, when visiting a favourite Provence market of theirs, said it reminded them of me (not sure that's a compliment but I still love it!).

Putting on my make-up is something I do automatically most mornings but taking this photo made me stop and think about how gorgeous my little tin box is. Stopping to really look at it bought back happy memories of holidaying in the South of France with my parents and getting glammed up for nights out with friends. It also reminded me that I want to learn French but that's another story!

Tomorrow I'll be starting the week long challenge of 'photograph your daily outfits' - should be fun!

Jane x

Previous Posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment