Tuesday 15 October 2013

A Beautiful Mess Challenge Fifteen: Photograph Your Reflection

Well this challenge was a lot harder than it looked! One of the A Beautiful Mess girls favourite ways to take a self-portrait is to photograph their reflection using a reflective surface. Naturally, I used a mirror to do this challenge which is what the book recommends.


One of the tips; look into the lens is interesting as I've read from others (Alexa Chung) never to look into the lens. I agree with the book - you want to be looking at the lens rather than at yourself in the mirror! I couldn't quite angle the camera properly, another tip in the book, I think I need more practice! 

Another thing the girls recommend is to try looking in different directions, which I did try but felt a bit silly! One of my favourite tips is not to forget that you can edit out the camera which I was able to do although I would have liked more space in the overall picture.

After many, many attempts, here's the final picture...


Jane x

Previous Posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment