Thursday 30 July 2015

Summer Special - The Best Things in Life

This 'Best Things in Life' blog post brings together both June and July's inspirations from our favourite Red Magazine. The sun is (finally!) shining, festival season is in full swing and we are feeling good!

Katie

Katie & Jane

The best things in life...
I am loving Luke Johnson’s weekly article in the Sunday Times Business Section, my recent favourite was on ‘The Anatomy of a True Leader’ which discussed elements that are crucial such as the ability to motivate, reliability in a crisis, frugality and financial literacy…to name but a few! We met Luke when Not Dogs was named by DEFRA as one of its 50 Food Stars last year and he gave us some unfailingly honest advice which actually turned out to be very true!

Sunday Times Business

A 2015 summer spot this year has to be the champagne roof top terrace at Marco Pierre White in Birmingham’s The Cube – it’s a real sun trap combined with an energetic atmosphere, and the cocktails are delicious!

As the meat-eater in the Not Dogs duo, I love how Quorn helps me to go meat-free and reduce my carbon footprint. The latest test taste I carried out was the humble chicken nugget…I haven’t had a chicken nugget in years, mainly because of being conscious about eating cheap & untrustworthy meat…one word….WOW. I dare any meat-eater to give it a go!

Quorn Chicken Nuggets
What marks the start of summer for you?
A BBQ at my mum’s house – this year I’ll be offering up some delicious meat-free delights!

The one thing I can't travel without is...
One million bags, even though I have travelled so many times I still haven’t mastered the art of streamlining my travel essentials… and if I’m traveling by car, I’ll fill it up in no time. The other thing I always have handy is a scarf – perfect for covering up on a chilly plane journey!

My favourite summer inspired pin is...

Collect Moments Not Things


Jane

Glastonbury Festival

The best things in life...
Light is the New Black book by Rebecca Campbell - I recently stumbled across a few quotes from the Hay House author on Addictive Daughter's Instagram channel and quickly pre-ordered the Kindle version of her first book. I brought it the day it came out and I've not been able to put it down since! It's positive, inspiring and written by a modern-day 'jet-setter with a gypsy spirit' (love that description!).

Hay House Books

My morning routine - I've really made an effort to follow a morning routine of; an espresso while writing my to do list for the day, followed by meditation (just five minutes if that's all I can manage) and then ten minutes of fun yoga using the PopSugar app. While at Glastonbury and coming to terms with sleeping in a tent, I lost the routine and once I was home really saw the impact that not doing it for a few days had on me.

Sunshine - For me, waking up to blue skies and sunshine makes such a difference to my day. It instantly makes me happy and itching to get outside to start my day off right. I think I was born for sunny climates!

Bali

What marks the start of summer for you?
The first festival of the year - BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend! The start of summer used to be the summer break from school and moving to France for two months, then it turned into finishing work for a holiday when I worked 9-5 but now it's the first festival for Not Dogs! Now summer goes by in a fun blur of sausages, new cities, hotels and laughter with Katie. Oh how my life has changed but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Vegetarian Food Trucks

The one thing I can't travel without is...
My pink squashy pillow, or mooshy as I like to call it (embarrassing!). It's perfect for the airplane or car and it gives me a little piece of home wherever I sleep!

My favourite summer inspired pin is...

Sea Swimming

2 comments:

  1. Really nice information here. Please keep update like this.

    SEO Comapany in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online market places recommend sellers who use high-quality products photos with image masking service... Clipping Expert Asia is the best photo editing company that provides image masking services.....
    image manipulation service

    ReplyDelete