Monday 14 October 2013

A Beautiful Mess Challenge Fourteen: Photograph Food

As a food lover and someone who loves to cook, I was really excited to learn a little more about how to take great photos of food from the A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book, although I do disagree with their statement of sometimes it's inappropriate to take pictures of food... I do it all the time! I do agree that, like the girls, food is a big part of my life. I remember occasions, like holidays, by the food I eat and the new restaurants we discover. Some people may say that's a little sad, I don't!


The book gives five tips on photographing food... I especially love the 'food styling isn't just for food stylists'. I long to take photos as beautiful as the ones I admire in Sainsbury's Magazine or the food section of my favourite Red. The girls remind you to add colour through napkins, remove clutter and to take a moment to look at the whole frame.

Also, I tried to remember the tips of trying different angles and to get stuck into the food before snapping away!


The above includes gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies adapted from a recipe in Nigella Lawson's cookbook Kitchen, Coconut and Crab Rice and Flourless Chocolate Cake from both of Sophie Dahl's gorgeous cookbooks and a beautiful purple cabbage... the beginning of a stir-fry!

Previous Posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment