Tuesday 5 August 2014

The Best Things in Life in August

A packed July is now over and we're looking forward to an even busier August filled with festivals, food, travels and hopefully sun! Here's our 'Best Things in Life' for this month...

Katie

Katie & Jane

Best things in life...
The French Language! On our recent trip to Aix-en-Provence, a place I’d never visited before, we got to practice our French a little. It was so lovely to be in a place surrounded by the French language, and it ignited my motivation to carry on using my Duolingo app to improve my understanding!


Aix Pictures

Turtle Bay in Birmingham has already been a highlight for August, the Caribbean food, atmosphere and cocktails were delicious, and I can’t wait to visit again soon!

Seeing all the great feedback we are getting about Not Dogs! We’ve had lots of people tweeting us in advance of Boardmasters this week & we’re so excited to take the little purple food truck to Newquay for some sun, sea, surf and veggie hot dogs.


Vegetarian Hot Dogs

The journey that changed my life was...
A travel adventure in 2010 with my friend Lynds; we visited Hong Kong, Bali, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, LA, Las Vegas and Vancouver. Taking in so many different cultures, the everyday drifting between cities and the traveller way of life opened me up to so many possibilities and gave me perspective in my life just when I needed it.  Hiking Franz Josef Glacier, skydiving over Lake Taupo, partying with Fijians were just some of the many highlights. Whenever I hear Sinatra’s Moon River, I always think of Lynds and our trip of a lifetime…

Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. 

We're after the same rainbow's end-- 
waiting 'round the bend, 
my huckleberry friend…


My three favourite quotes on Pinterest are...






Jane

Katie & Jane

Best things in life...
Making time to see friends and family after a very busy few weeks! I've been slightly neglecting those closest to me while our business schedule is so full but actually seeing them less makes me have even more fun when I do catch-up! I cooked a meal from Jamie Oliver's 15 Minute Meals cookbook and it was lovely but... definitely longer than 15!

Jamie Oliver 15 Minute Meals

Laura Mercier bath treats - these products are my favourite of all time. I was brought the gift set containing a candle, scrub, lotion and bath creme and I simply love having a sweet smelling bath using all the products!

Aix-en-Provence - a recent visit (read all about it here) reignited my love for this beautiful spot in the South of France. I've been visiting every summer since I was little and my latest visit really made me appreciate it... I can't wait to go there again very soon.

French Beaches

The journey that changed my life was...
My first visit to Australia... I fell in love with the country and Melbourne in particular when I travelled up the East Coast in 2011 from Melbourne to Cairns. I adore the changing landscapes, the outdoor life, the people and the amazing food. I've since returned to Melbourne and both trips changed my life as I'm determined to live in the city one day!

Albert Park Lake

My three favourite quotes on Pinterest are...

Inspirational Quotes


Inspirational Quotes


Inspirational Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment