Tuesday 17 September 2013

A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book & Challenge One

I admire the bloggers Elsie and Emma who are behind the blog, A Beautiful Mess and Katie surprised me with their new Photo Idea Book for my birthday hot off the press from the States (it's not available in the UK yet) and I love it!

A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book

Within the 200 plus pages are 95 inspiring ideas for photographing your friends, your world and yourself. They recommend you pick your favourite challenges from the book and get on with them so that's what I'm doing! I have decided not to use Instagram to edit my photos although I usually do (see my profile here) unless recommended to do so within the book. On our blog, over the coming weeks, I'll post the results... I am no David Bailey but I'm looking forward to improving as I go along (hopefully!).

A Beautiful Mess Photo Challenge One: Photograph Your Pet

Photo Ideas

My first challenge 'photograph your pet' is one I knew I'd enjoy despite it being hard to find a time when my Golden Labrador Beau is calm! I waited until the evening although the book does say natural light is best, it wasn't possible for me. I tried to capture the true personality of Beau as the book recommends so when I saw him sneak onto my bed for a little sleep, which he naughtily does a lot, I grabbed my iPhone 5 for some photos! A key tip from the book is to take lots of photos and that was very useful. Here's my final photo for challenge one...

Dog sleeping

I love the white light in the room and also the colour of the throw with his colouring. I adore his nose and paws so tried to focus on capturing them.


Tomorrow's challenge is 'Capture Unique Personal Details'

No comments:

Post a Comment