Tuesday 3 September 2013

The Best Things in Life (in September)...

Once again, after reading September's (re-designed) fashion edition of Red magazine, we felt inspired to do our own little 'Best things in life' below...

Katie

The best things in life are...

Combining exercise with family time! Lately it’s all been about swimming with my mum and sister, and of course the odd sauna & steam room too at the Windmill Village Hotel 


Taking the first step and booking a Hot Yoga Class at Barefoot Birmingham, it’s something I’ve wanted to do since the start of the year and I’m finally taking action. Time for a slightly more flexible me!


Being organised! When Jane & I are in different countries it highlights the fact that I’m so thankful we are both so prepared, but we couldn’t do without a few of our favourite (and free!) tools to keep us both connected to each other such as SkyDrive, Wunderlist and of course our very own schedules & planners!


My earliest fashion memory is...

Spice Girl space boots! For a few years every time non-uniform day at school arrived I would be thrilled to be wearing them with pride combined with my wet-look black jacket. Girl Power!

My favourite app at the moment is...

iTimelapse Pro. Jane & I created a Timelapse of our working world while giving this snappy app a review recently! Read what we thought about it and see our video creation here.

My 'top pick' for September is...

Not on the High Street’s Bespoke Wooden Map Letters! You can personally choose your letters and your desired map location to appear which are then carved out of actual pieces of vintage maps and solid wood -  the perfect gift for a loved one to remind them of a special place in the world that you both share. View them here.



Jane

The best things in life are...

A morning espresso drank from my favourite Melbourne Starbucks cup with a cube of brown sugar



Discovering a new online store, Bodie and Fou and learning more about its inspiring French co-founders and sisters. The store is filled with gorgeous lifestyle products including home accessories, fashion and gifts

Thinking about my Autumn Winter wardrobe! I've already seen some gorgeous pieces in H&M, ASOS, Bodie and Fou and Topshop. I love wrapping up all warm and cosy and making use of those layers!
icon
icon
My earliest fashion memory is...

Thinking I was so very cool at age 10 or 11 in my very unflattering baggy green combat trousers, baggy t-shirt and big clompy black boots. I basically wanted to be Mel from the girl band All Saints (I wasn't a Spice Girls groupie!) but I didn't quite get her look, I looked more like a teenage boy! Strangely enough I remember squeezing into my slim friends denim jacket to accompany my 'cool' ensemble which made it look ten-times worse while she got drowned in my parka!



My favourite app at the moment is...

Happier. This colourful little app allows users to add 'happy moments' every day with the philosophy that remembering things that make you smile make you a happier person. I believe this as after using the app for over two months now it's certainly made me... happier! Read my full review and download the app for free here

My 'top pick' for September is...

Cowshed's Spearmint Exfoliating Sea Salt Scrub - it's one of Cowshed's cult products designed to 'cleanse, polish and protect the skin'. This scrub is my top pick for September as after a gorgeous summer of (safe!) tanning, I need to keep my skin looking glowing and know scrubbing with this once a week does the trick, plus the delicious smell is great for sleepy mornings!
icon
icon

No comments:

Post a Comment