Sunday 29 September 2013

A Beautiful Mess Photo Challenge Seven: Take Macro Photos

For this challenge I decided to extend it past one day and challenge myself to take a macro picture everyday for a week. I thought about a number of different daily activities but decided on photographing something everyday on my walk with my labrador Beau as, after getting this far in the challenge, I know that photographing outside is always better on an iPhone.

To be honest, I'd heard about macro photos but never quite knew what they were, the A Beautiful Mess girls said in the book...

'Macro photos are extremely close-up photos of features or objects.'


A few key tips in the book were to pick a sharp point of focus with the rest of the image being blurry, choose a subject with lots of colours or textures and it's ok if you can't tell what the picture is!

Seven Days of Daily Walks in Macro...








 Jane x

View previous posts...
Introduction to the A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book 
Challenge One: Photograph Your Pet
Challenge Two: Capture Unique Personal Details
Challenge Three: Get the Best Cell Phone (or Point and Shoot Camera) Photos
Challenge Four: Know How to Use Overcast Light vs. Direct Sun
Challenge Five: Find Flattering Window Light
Challenge Six: Take a Shadow Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment