Friday 20 September 2013

A Beautiful Mess Photo Challenge Four: Know How to Use Overcast Light vs. Direct Sun

I was looking forward to this challenge as, to be honest, I have never really considered the light when taking photos that much before. I normally just snap away which is why I'm finding the book so valuable!


The book gives some great examples of pairs of photos taken at the same time in direct sunlight and the other in shade and the difference is amazing and I found the same when comparing my pictures.

The weather was perfect so I asked Katie nicely if she'd model for me testing both direct sunlight and shade. In the bright sun the colours of Katie's clothes completely changed making them become distorted with light bouncing off them. The picture in the shade turned out so much better and the lack of blinding sun made it much more comfortable for Katie! I like the way her hair caught the wind whilst I was making Katie laugh giving a lovely, natural smile.


 Tomorrow's challenge is 'Find Flattering Window Light'...

Jane x

View previous posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment