Monday 23 September 2013

A Beautiful Mess Photo Challenge Six: Take a Shadow Portrait


Shadow portraits are a fun, unique variation on usual photos, especially if you don't fancy your face in the shot! The A Beautiful Mess girls give you a few simple rules in the book... take shadow pictures in the early morning or late afternoon, remember that shapes are very important as you can't capture details and try to capture the environment around you too.

I took the rules into consideration when taking this photo of myself and Mark with my iPhone camera. Of course, being in Autumnal England, we had a window of about five minutes to take the picture before the sun went in again!


 Although we did a number of poses, trying to create different shapes, I liked this simple one the most. I took it in late afternoon on the freshly mowed grass because the vivid green looked nice against our dark shadows.

Jane x

View previous posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment