Thursday 28 May 2015

Our Best Things in Life in May

With all the Not Dogs activity going on recently, we're a little behind on our Best Things in Life but here's the lowdown on all the best things in May!

Katie

Katie McDermott

Best Things in Life...

French’s Mustard… before Not Dogs I hadn’t had French’s Mustard for years and now it’s a staple in my cupboard at home, even after a weekend of serving up lots of Plain Jane Not Dogs & Original Franks! We recently met the brand team who seemed to really like how we use their products and with their recent tweet we are very excited to be working more with them in the future!

City breaks… I recently spent a weekend in Amsterdam with my lovely friends and we laughed the whole time, bike rides, delicious food, gorgeous drinks and well-needed catch ups in a beautiful and diverse setting was perfect. The next city I am going to see is Manchester for a lovely night out soon and in September we are taking Not Dogs to the Manchester Food & Drink Festival too!

Amsterdam bike riding

I have read a lot of interviews with Ultimo founder; Michelle Mone recently, and I am always left feeling so inspired by her grit and determination to succeed. UTan is her latest innovation, billed as the first scentless fake tan, she has launched a selection of radiant tanning products that create a natural-looking, streak-free tan…I can’t wait to try it in time for the Summer.

My definition of beauty is... laughing – nobody looks better than when they are laughing & to quote an all-time favourite “You’re never fully dressed without a smile”

Amsterdam

The pin I am feeling at the moment is...

Inspirational Quotes


Jane

Jane Whitehead

Best Things in Life...

Having my own business - This is a bit of a large statement but it really is one of the best things in life and our first Not Dogs festival in May has made me appreciate it. Spending 12 hours in the food truck serving tonnes of delicious Not Dogs to the BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend Norwich crowds was damn hard work but looking back, there's no other 'normal' job that comes close to the highs you get from having your own business. The highest-high of the weekend came when we were on our way home and Radio 1 DJ Greg James mentioned Not Dogs on the radio! So proud!

Not Dogs

Actually finishing a book! It's tough for me to actually finish a book (see above!) but I managed it in May - How to Love by Katie Cotugno was an addictive easy-read on the trials and tribulations of teenage love. It's the perfect summer book to make you smile.

Living in the country... after our stint in London, the bright lights and loudness of the big city makes me immensely happy to come home to my little village in the country. Growing up, there was nothing I wanted more than to move to town where I didn't have to depend on lifts from my parents to go out but now, coming home, visiting the local pub and walking the dog is my idea of perfection!

Fields

My definition of beauty is... confidence - as simple as that. It doesn't matter what you look like, how you do your make-up or what clothes you choose to wear, if you have confidence you are one of the most beautiful people in the room. I wish I listened to this advice years ago as I wouldn't have spent time worrying about what I looked like, or what people thought. When I'm feeling confident and happy in my own skin, I feel truly beautiful.

The pin I am feeling at the moment is...

Inspirational Quote

No comments:

Post a Comment