Wednesday 8 April 2015

The Best Things in Life in April

Keeping up our Best Things in Life is very important to us as it makes us happy to look back on how far we've come and also our feelings each month so despite not having time to breathe sometimes at Not Dogs London here's April's blog post...

Katie

Katie McDermott

Best Things in Life
I used Easter to finally visit the National Space Centre which I can honestly say was absolutely brilliant. Along with the other children I had lots of fun crawling through space tunnels and learning about how heavy a can of baked beans would be on each of the different planets. The best bit was the fantastic show at The Planetarium, narrated by Rupert Grint. We are Aliens was a stunningly produced short film exploring the possibility of life on other planets, I would urge anyone to go & get your mind blown!


Seeing how much my mum uses Countdown Keeper! I know she is totally biased, but she uses the app how we envisioned and hoped people would use it, and she loves using it every day to keep track of her very busy social life it definitely makes me smile!

Creating a new Not Dog!  On our travels in Bali we enjoyed a delicious breakfast which has now inspired a brand new Not Dog topping, we will be trialing it at a private event later this month, but it has already past the Katie & Jane test, so watch this space!

Not Dogs

How would you describe your personal style?
I have a simple rule I live by when it comes to personal style stick to what I feel comfortable in. This ensures that whatever trend or style is in season, I wear my version of it. My mum has always said its not what you wear, its how you wear it. Although saying this; my personal style has took somewhat of a downturn lately as all Ive been wearing is my Kickin Katie Not Dogs uniform!

What's your favourite thing about London?
At the moment it has to be The Shard, I get to walk past it every day and look at it from afar before I go to bed at night and it really is magnificent! My friends will always be my true favourite thing about London, its always a great excuse to visit and enjoy the capital.

The Shard

The pin that sums me up at the moment is... 

Inspirational Quote


Jane

Jane Whitehead

Best Things in Life
Easter - well actually, the whole Easter weekend... a lovely break to catch-up with friends and family and also the perfect excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I brought some beautiful Easter treats from Daylesford - the real hens eggs with praline chocolate inside were out of this world!

Daylesford Organic

Wedding fever! Although I'm not one to have dreamed of a fairytale wedding I'm getting very excited about one of my oldest and best friends big day in May. I was over-the-moon when Lucy asked me to be her bridesmaid and cannot wait for a full-filled day spent with our closest family and friends in our little village.

The Botanist, Birmingham - We had a wonderful lunch on the opening day of The Botanist in central Birmingham. There's six restaurants around the UK all serving an amazing selection of botanical drinks and inspired food. Herbs are everywhere in this unique place, not only in the food and drinks but as decorations too which makes you feel like you're in a homely greenhouse. The service was excellent and our lunch of perfectly baked camembert, beef BBQ skewer with rosemary seasoned chips and scampi in a basket with homemade tartar sauce in a mini watering can was a lovely escape from Easter chocolate!

The Botanist Birmingham

How would you describe your personal style?
I love to dress for the occasion - you'll regularly see me in a 'themed' outfit - Easter pinks and yellows, Christmas tartan and reindeers and summer pineapples! But, in this fast-paced digital age, I love how trends are so personal now, no longer do you pick up Vogue to see the latest season's fashions but head to Pinterest and Instagram and get inspired by other people's personal styles. I'd say my personal style is a mix of what I feel amazing in, the trends and a touch of online inspiration but overall I simply pick clothes based on my mood whether that's carefree in the Summer or glammed-up for a night out!

What's your favourite thing about London?
I love that there's so many amazing things to keep you entertained in London. Katie and I have a 'London List' filled with things we'd like to do while living there part-time... we've already managed to tick off a few including pushing ourselves to the limit at the Skinny Bitch Collective, enjoying Spanish tapas at Jose on Bermondsey Street and picking up an amazing coffee at TheWatch House. Next on the list is take a class at Frame and go to Richard Branson's favourite Greek restaurant!

London

The pin that sums me up at the moment is...

Katie & Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment