Tuesday 6 May 2014

The Best Things in Life in May

May has already been very, very busy for both of us at Katie & Jane... our iPhone app Countdown Keeper has been released, our vegetarian food truck Not Dogs is in crucial planning stages and we're training a new client on social media strategy throughout May and June! But, of course, we couldn't miss talking about our 'best things in life'!

Katie

Katie & Jane

The Best Things in Life...

Finally #JackIsBack in 24: Live Another Day – the wait is over! We enjoyed creating a count down to the simultaneous viewing in the UK and US in the early hours of this morning with Countdown Keeper!

JackIsBack

My nearest high street is gradually getting a lovely makeover and one of the newest additions is The Juice House, a lovely little shop offering a delicious menu of Juices from ‘Clear Skin’ created with spinach and pineapple, to ‘Blood ‘e’ Gorgeous’ made with orange, beetroot and ginger!

I recently paid a visit to the National Sea Life Centre in Birmingham – which is quite a guilty pleasure of mine. The new Penguin Ice Adventure part was amazing, but my highlight was the giant turtle swimming right over my head as I walked through the Ocean Tunnel!

Katie McDermott

The One Thing I Can't Throw Away Is...

Cards! Birthday cards, Christmas cards and especially Congratulation cards – I just love them! I have to be quite selective though as I couldn’t keep them all, but I keep the special ones I hope I can look back on in years to come with fond memories.

The Key Element of a Successful Social Media Strategy Is...

Dedication – this underpins the social media strategy. The company and staff need to make a commitment and not lose confidence in the strategy simply because one Facebook post didn’t achieve enough ‘likes’. The team must always keep in mind the over-arching strategy and purpose for why the brand or company is using social media as a marketing tool and keep evaluating and moving forward – Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Jane

Katie & Jane

The Best Things in Life...

A stack of magazines to plough through! There's nothing better for me than to see my un-read magazines, piled in date order (!) ready for a free afternoon of reading. I then have to make time to organise all the cuttings I've kept from each of them... I simply love it!

Katie & Jane

Quorn veggie food. I'm currently attempting to tone up in preparation for my holiday to the gorgeous island of Crete and, along with the Tracy Anderson Method (of course!), I'm eating clean and lean foods only. I find, as a vegetarian, Quorn provides the best protein for me and it's delicious too!

Countdown Apps

Primark! After a long day at the Bullring in Birmingham hunting for an outfit for one of the hundreds of weddings I'm going to this summer I felt very deflated when I couldn't find anything but... I walked into Selfridges and had a browse through Primark and although I didn't find anything wedding related I got a pair of £6 jelly sandals for my holiday. It's the most excited I've been about a purchase in a long time!

Silver Jellies

The One Thing I Can't Throw Away Is...

My mum's duck-egg cashmere jumper. It's a lovely jumper, not my style but she's had it since she was a young girl and kept it in pristine condition. When I was younger if I was off school sick, I'd put it on and snuggle up in it!

The Key Element of a Successful Social Media Strategy Is...

Following the strategy! Yes, of course, there will be adhoc content to push through social channels but a well thought-out, structured strategy means you're more likely to succeed on social media and fans and followers will see the content you want them to see. It may not see results straightaway but by sticking to the strategy, you'll get there in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment