Tuesday 8 April 2014

The Best Things in Life in April

We love interviewing entrepreneurs on our blog so in our monthly 'Best Things in Life' inspired by Red magazine, it's our turn!

Katie

Best Things in Life...

Being inspired by others... this month we interviewed award-winning British designer Lorna Syson and the business advice she received when starting out as an interior designer really struck a chord with me… “Whatever decision you make is the right one; once it is made you will always work towards making it the right one.”

Going to the theatre... during a rainy April I’ll be making the most of the theatres in and around the Midlands. Last month I enjoyed ‘Emma’ at The Old Joint Stock in Birmingham, and I’m still trying to decide on what to see this month!


Being in it to win it… recently we took part in Turkish Airlines #widenyourworld campaign which involved revealing clues and finding a secret location in Birmingham to win a free pair of flights to anywhere in the world. We played twice, came third, then second…and then it ended! We would love to play it again if we still have enough brain power, but in the meantime we can be pleased with our runner up prizes at least!

I've Learned from my Mother...
Apart from being on top of the figures when running your own business (my mum is a book-keeping extraordinaire), she taught me how to have real grit, to never settle for less and to give everything 100%. The most significant thing she told me when I was little was “Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you’ll land among the stars”.


For me, the most exciting Spring trend is... 
The start of a holiday countdown! Getting through the miserable rainy winter and making it through to (ok, it’s still a little rainy) April every year marks the start of holiday fever and all those events, activities and moments you’ve got to look forward to for the rest of the year, you can feel the excitement in the air!

Jane


Best Things in Life...

Discovering a new spot to eat... Chilacas in Birmingham - Mexican street food at its finest! The tiny restaurant has a great atmosphere and fantastic staff, it almost transports you from currently rainy Birmingham to Mexico!


The PopSugar fitness app... I've had this app for a few months now and I love it. With a range of workouts from yoga to cardio in different formats (guides and videos) when I need a quick exercise boost, it's so easy to select a fun workout on my iPad or iPhone.

Hotel Chocolat Easter Chocolates... I was surprised with a gorgeous 'Taste of Spring' box from my favourite Chocolatier Hotel Chocolat. Not only did they taste amazing but they are beautifully designed too!


I've Learned from my Mother... 
How to be independent, strong and successful. I'm proud of my mum's career-focus, happy marriage and outlook on life and I know I'll be happy to follow in her footsteps.

For me, the most exciting Spring trend is... 
Posh dogs! Not some sort of new breed of canine but sausages! In May's Sainsbury's Magazine they list 'posh dogs' as a trend worth trying and I'm excited to be joining the street food activity with our new food project involving hot dogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment