Tuesday 4 March 2014

The Best Things in Life in March

We cannot believe how quick this year is going already, it feels like only yesterday that we were answering January's 'Best Things in Life' questions and now it's March's turn...

Katie

Katie & Jane

Best Things in Life?
Wearing Sunnies – the tiniest thing but after a long, wet and miserable winter, I put my sunnies on for the first time this weekend while driving my car and it instantly got me excited for the summer!

Finding a new eating spot - I’m always on the hunt for a new spot to eat or drink and my new favourite is a gorgeous new vintage tea room called Loaf, selling homemade cakes and delicious artisan breads. The bakers tweet their latest treats to tickle your taste buds, so give them a follow here

Cafes in Coventry

Wearable Tech – We took part in Lady Geek’s wearable tech competition this week and to enter we had to tweet our answer to "If you could design the future's most iconic piece of wearable tech, that would be loved by women, what would it be?" Just dreaming up our ideas as we took Jane’s dog Beau for a quick walk (our work-break!) was so much fun and now I can’t stop thinking about new creations. 

Being in Love Means... Being true, sharing dreams and seeing life as a great adventure together… oh and it also means your relationship shouldn’t need to be played out on Facebook :) 

My Favourite Social Network is... Twitter. As much as I enjoy visual sharing platforms, Twitter is the social network I love most at the moment. Being able to instantly connect with people you admire or want to learn more from is so valuable especially when running your own business. Plus, it’s a great place to get feedback from. When we first started Katie & Jane the hashtag #katieandjane was of course only being used by us – sparingly! Now when we go to that hashtag and see others tweeting about our blog posts or our business it absolutely brightens up my day.

Katie & Jane


Jane

Katie & Jane

Best Things in Life?
CamMe - a great new app that allows you to take selfies without holding the phone. Although I do not take many selfies it's great to use if you're with a group of people and everyone wants to get in on the photo. It just won 'Most Innovative App' at the Mobile World Congress - a well-deserved award. Find out more here.

Spring - it's finally sprung (well for one day only but still)! I adore the Spring season - the beautiful blooms, shining sun with the fresh, sometimes chilly air and seeing the baby animals at our local farm!

Yellow fields

Applause - I recently discovered the fantastic Australian app-developing duo Stephanie and Sophie who founded Applause a few years ago and have been successful in releasing a suite of apps. They are a real inspiration to me already, I love reading their blog and it's great to have found two business owners with similar visions to Katie and I.

Being in Love Means... Being a better version of yourself when they are around and missing them terribly when they are not (even after 10 years!).

My Favourite Social Network is... A toss-up between both visual platforms Instagram and Pinterest but I'll go for Instagram at the moment. As I said in my Instagram app review back in October last year (we gave it 8/10) it's really addictive but in a good way. I follow lots of inspirational accounts from fitness to food along with positive friends so my Instagram newsfeed is packed with affirmative, motivating and happy images which I love to check a few times a day.

Katie & Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment