Wednesday 3 September 2014

The Best Things in Life in September

The summer months are now over so it's time to look forward to a new fashion season, getting cosy with open-fires or searching for some Winter sun in a faraway country! Think we'll do all three! Here are our #bestthingsinlife for September...

Katie

Katie & Jane

Best things in life?
The month of September! One of my favourite months as it’s my birthday! But also because it signifies a fresh start and instead of miserable memories of going back to school it reminds me of new uniform, the latest cool lunch box to pack my sandwiches into and of course new school shoes! I’m looking forward to motivating myself to end the year on a high, and will of course be adding all of the things I have to look forward into my Countdown Keeper app – who needs Summer hey?


We both love Nivea products and Stylist magazine, so when we found out we’d made it into their #BRINGITON 30 shortlist, a competition designed to find 30 (under 30) go-getters and dream-makers with big stories to share, we were absolutely stunned! The judges are Jenny Garrett (LinkedIn Top 10 Power Women 2013), Gemma Crisp (Stylist’s Assistant Editor) and the Nivea Team – our fate is now in their hands!

Long coastal walks – I enjoyed a long weekend in Saint Agnes in Cornwall to get September off to a good start by walking along the rocky coast from Saint Agnes to Peranporth, stopping for a birthday toast and some delicious Cornish ice-cream! We also took in the sights of St Ives too which was beautiful!

Katie & Jane

The musician that inspires me is…
Stevie Wonder! There are so many artists and bands that I love and listen to everyday, but this time 2 years ago I was watching Stevie Wonder headline Bestival on my Birthday while all my friends serenaded me with ‘Happy Birthday’. It sounds naïve but I had forgotten just how many amazing hits he has and it was a true inspiration to watch him delight thousands of people, especially while he sang ‘Isn't She Lovely’ with his daughter on stage.

The pin that sums me up at the moment…

Katie & Jane


Jane

Katie & Jane

Best things in life?
My birthday weekend in Cornwall. I was surprised by my best friends with a weekend away to Cornwall and what a weekend it was! We ate amazing food at Jamie Oliver's Fifteen and Lewinnick Lodge, surfed at Fistral Beach and then spent the whole afternoon drinking champagne and eating pizza at the beach bar. It was lovely to spend time with my favourite people and just enjoy each other's company, drunken dancing included!

Cornwall Surfing

Getting through a summer of festivals! Not Dogs has made the summer of 2014 a very memorable, fun and exciting one although it's been the hardest work of my life! All the good times outweigh the tough times and we may be mad but we will be back at even more festivals around Europe next summer which I'm very excited about!

Books! My birthday list this year was very conservative although it did have tonnes of books on it from cookbooks to business books - a very varied bunch. I jumped straight into The Fault in Our Stars by John Green which I haven't been able to put down since my birthday - fantastic book so far!

New books 2014

The musician who inspires me is...
Beyonce... of course! I've loved Beyonce since she was in Destiny's Child although it's been since she released her latest visual album 'Beyonce' that I've really felt inspired by her. I find her strength outstanding; she's a mum, wife and businesswoman and one of the only entertainers who doesn't seem to have a problem singing and dancing (amazingly) on stage!

Katie & Jane

The pin that sums me up at the moment…

Katie & Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment