Thursday 6 February 2014

The Best Things in Life in February

One of the best parts of creating a business is being able to inspire people especially through our blog. We were very pleased to see two of our 'Best Things in Life' posts feature in our top blog posts of 2013 according to views and so... the series continues!

Katie

Katie & Jane

Best things in life...
Feeling motivated! I recently had a very naughty appendix which had to be whipped out quite suddenly, and while I was lying in hospital I couldn’t wait to get back to working on Katie & Jane and our many projects. One of the first things I read when I came home was the draft of Jane’s fitness blog post and it instantly lifted my spirits, I can’t wait until I’m fully recovered to get back to running, spinning, yoga and our favourite workout The Tracy Anderson Method.

Katie & Jane Blog

eBooks I’m always on the lookout for new books to read, but looking at the current bestseller charts I couldn’t find something that appealed to me. So instead, I opted for searching through lots of ebooks on apps and business and I love the fact that they’re quick, inspiring and much less expensive!

Happier - At the risk of mentioning our favourite app once again, I’ve been making a conscious effort to add all the little things that make me Happier into this little app lately. If you are bored of your Facebook feed with the same moaners – give this app a try for yourself! You can read our earlier blog post on it here.

Katie McDermott

The one thing on my 2014 to-do list is...
Learn more! It can be so hard after a long week to make sure you have learnt something new to keep inspired, so I’m trying to fit in learning as I’m on the move! I find podcasts a great way to do this and each morning I’m enjoying listening to the likes of the new BBC World Service’s Tech Tent and the Tech Weekly Podcast from the Guardian while I’m getting ready!

Tech Tent

The place I'd like to travel to most is...
South America… It’s the next place on my very long list of all the places I want to visit in my lifetime! I can’t wait to immerse myself in the energy of Brazil, specifically Rio de Janeiro, adventure along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, and be surrounded by the power of nature at the Iguazo Falls on the border of Argentina. Have a look at my ‘Where To Next?’ board on Pinterest if you are a fellow adventurer!

Travel Quotes
Jane

Katie & Jane

Best things in life...
Social media - It's a bit cheesy but seeing people really benefit from our social media advice and getting great feedback from strangers! We recently did a short seminar on the basics of social media at Spring Fair and were so pleased to have a big crowd with lots of happy engaged faces! You can download our presentation featuring lots of social media tips for free here.

Social Media Seminar Spring Fair

Running - I know I've mentioned it time and time again but I'm loving running even more now I am getting better at it. I think the key for my success is to stick to going out regularly to not lose momentum (even in the cold and rain!). Also reading 'Running Like a Girl' by Alexandra Heminsley makes me laugh and feel motivated!

Box Sets - I've been catching up on my favourite shows recently... Brothers & Sisters (please bring it back!), Winners & Losers (an Australian drama which instantly transports me to Melbourne) and Breaking Bad (six episodes in and I'm not hooked yet!). It's great to totally switch off and actually enjoy watching decent programmes!

Katie & Jane

The one thing on my 2014 to-do list is...
Learn to meditate - I have been saying it for years and tried a number of ways but can't find one that I commit to on a daily basis. I have decided to go to a few classes at Meditate in Birmingham as a way of learning the art of meditation and nail those 10 minutes a day I feel I'd really benefit from!

Breathe

The place I'd like to travel to most is...
Greece - My Pinterest 'I'd Like to Be' board is packed with destination inspiration from all over the world and I love Pinterest's new Place Pins feature which Katie talks about in her blog post but the place I always long to return to every summer is Greece. We usually travel to one of the Greek Islands but this year we may try mainland Greece and visit the Halkidiki region. Greece is one of my favourite places on earth (aside from Melbourne) because of its gorgeous weather, beautiful beaches, genuinely friendly people and delicious food... how can I go a summer without a τυρóπιτα (cheese pie)!?


Travel to Greece

No comments:

Post a Comment