Tuesday 6 August 2013

The Best Things in Life (in August)...

We had such fun answering July's 'Best Things in Life' in our favourite Red magazine we're doing it again this month!

These questions (with an added extra of our own) were taken from the August issue of Red. August's pages are filled with inspiring adventures through Asia and Australia, the summer-soundtrack - Love Songs, from Vanessa Paradis and a great interview with 'The Body' Elle Macpherson...

Katie

The best things in life are...

Festivals with great friends! There is nothing better than watching live music surrounded by some of your favourite friends, and in the sunshine too! I recently went to Gentlemen of the Road Stopover in Lewes, near Brighton created by Mumford and Sons, read my review here

Lewes, Brighton

My local park… Last month saw the UK celebrate their local green areas for Love Parks Week and it made me realise how lucky I am to have a clean well-kept park only a few minutes walk away. It’s so nice to be able to run through the park instead of being inside at a gym, or play tennis at the weekend (inspired by Andy Murray of course!) and it has also been the inspirational setting for outlining our next steps in business too! 


Tennis Coventry Park


Finding new brands to love! This month we have been choosing our top picks from inspirational home interior brands. I just love the clean and stylish accessories you can find at Bodie and Fou, I can’t wait to kit out the apartment with a few of the products we love!

The life lesson I've learnt from travelling is...

Do more! I spent 6 months travelling the world back in 2010, and although I love home and the UK, this trip inspired me to make sure my life is filled with travel in the future. Meeting people from all over the world and living their lives for a while is an incredible learning experience. When I look at the time here I try to remember what the people around the word I have previously met would be doing…there are amazing women in Fiji that spend all day helping travellers move from one boat to another (backpacks and all!) to make sure they can safely get to the shore of Bounty Island. There are just too many places, too many people to meet and too little time!

Fiji

 I wish I'd known at the start of Katie & Jane six months ago...

The tremendous support I would receive from my friends and family, one of my favourite quotes is “The greatest gift you can give someone is to believe in them”. Focusing on their belief in me helps me turn those business worries into positive actions!

Inspirational quotes

My 'top pick' for August is...

I just love anything that takes me back to my travels and this gorgeous map of America from Bold and Noble does just that. Using typography to create the country, there are also maps of the British Isles, Ireland, Australia, Italy, France and London, all available from Bodie and Fou.

Travelling prints


Jane

The best things in life are...

Sunny days spent with friends... either lounging at home in the garden or enjoying a lovely meal outside at Cote Brasserie in the Mailbox in Birmingham - my current favourite dish is Linguine with Seafood with Garlic and Chilli.

Pilates at my local studio, Equilibrium. I love working on the reformer (a weird-looking machine with weights!), it leaves me feeling calm and toned.

My dog Beau! His little face and wagging tail is the best thing to come home to! 

Beau Jangle


The life lesson I've learnt from travelling is...

Don't be arrogant or small-minded, instead understand the culture of the place you are visiting and you're guaranteed to have loads of fun and create many memories. Learn a few phrases, enjoy authentic dishes and do what I love doing the most... pretend you are one of the locals! I did recently in Burgau, Portugal below!

Sangria in Portugal

 I wish I'd known at the start of Katie & Jane six months ago...

That, with our go-getting attitude, we really can do anything we set our mind to - even if it is a bit 'out-there'! With a little research, planning and organisation along with our motto 'what's the worst that can happen?' we've discovered if we want to do something, we do!

My 'top pick' for August is...

My Moleskine Wellness Journal - Summer for me means feeling a little healthier and I love using this journal to keep me on track!

It's filled with food diaries, facts and nutritional values but also has sections such as Personal Goals and Inspirations to enable your mind to feel balanced as well as your body. 


Food diary


No comments:

Post a Comment